WOOL MAGAZINE ISSUE 18
Magazine in English
11 knitting patterns: 5 sweaters, 2 cardigans, 1 sweater, 1 shawl, 1 hat and 1 pair of mittens.
But also :
- Interview with American knitwear designer and fashion historian Sydney Crabaugh, who specializes in vintage knits and runs her own virtual knitting school.
- An article about Shetland and its knitting traditions, with two inspiring designers - Gudrun Johnston and Mary Jane Mucklestone - as guides.
- Jeanette Sloan's Fiber Talk: Meet Tanis "Akutuq" Simpson, whose company produces yarn from qiviut: a fiber that comes from the undercoat of muskoxen.
- Five Ways from our regular columnist Päivi Kankaro, which brings together expert advice for mending your knitwear.
- Where I Knit: We meet Nora, who enjoys knitting on the roof of her house in Cologne, Germany.
- Seasonal recipes to inspire your fall cooking.